Un trés Bon matin!
We all worry almost daily over what new breakfast ideas we can churn out of our drowsy-in-the-morning or rushing-for-work kitchen. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it has to be the right balance between healthy and energetic and tasty enough to not get your mood and taste buds marred early in the morning, making you crave binge food for the rest of the day.
So here’s a tasty and healthy new recipe to jump-start your day. Easy to cook and not much time consuming.
Prep Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
Serving : 2
Brown bread (diced in small cubes) : 2 medium sized cups
Onions (diced) : 2 medium sized
Green bell pepper (diced) : 1 medium sized
Red bell pepper (diced) : 1 medium sized
Potato (diced) : 1 medium sized
French beans (sliced) : 1 small cup
Green chilies (chopped) : 4
Walnut/Pine Nut/Cashew (optional/roughly crushed) : 2 tbsp
Thyme : 1/2 tsp
Olive oil : 4 tbsp
Soya sauce : 1 tbsp
Lemon juice : 2 tbsp
1. Heat olive oil in a pan.
2. Add the vegetables, chilies and salt to taste. Stir fry till soft and golden brown.
3. Add the bread cubes and stir fry for two minutes.
4. Sprinkle in the Soya sauce, lemon juice. Add Thyme and the crushed nuts. Stir fry for another two minutes.
Your crunchy Crouton Carton is ready! Serve hot.
Spinoff Tips :
* For extra crunch you can use grilled brown bread, later cubed, rather than fresh slices.
* This breakfast spinoff goes amazingly well with a healthy vegan dip such as flavored cream or fruity yougurt sauce.
Have a lovely day after gorging on this healthy and yummy breakfast.
© & Author : Nivedita Dey, 2016