If you dig cheese, and/or love an Italian flavour burst in your mouth you’ll love this one!
Alert : If you love low-cal food, don’t even read one more line of this. But gluttons like I, please read on..!! 🙂
Prep time : 4 hours
Serving : 4
Chicken legs : 500 gms
Onion (thinly diced) : 2 medium sized
Garlic (unpeeled, roughly crushed) : 7-8 cloves
Ginger (roughly crushed) : 1 inch
Thyme : 1 tsp
Parsley : 1 tsp
Lemon juice : 1/2 cup
Cheese, Camembert or Cheddar (grated) : 100 gms
Olive oil : 2 tbsp
Butter : 1 tbsp
Bay leaf : 2
Salt to taste
Water : 1/2 cup
1. Marinate the chicken with garlic, ginger, Thyme, Parsley, lemon juice, salt to taste, for minimum 3 hrs.
2. Heat olive oil and butter in the pressure pan and throw in the bay leaf.
3. Add the onions and fry till light golden pink.
4. Add the marinated chicken and stir over low heat for 10 minutes. Check the salt and add more if needed.
5. Cover the chicken with grated cheese from top. Do not stir. Let it simmer over low heat for another 5 minutes.
6. Add the water. Cover the pressure cooker lid and pressure cook for 5 minutes.
7. Take out the chicken and sprinkle more cheese on top.
Your cheesy chick is ready!
Spin off tips :
* You could use chicken stock instead of water.
* For extra garnish you can add in pomegranate seeds or pineapple slices. It goes really well with the cheesy flavour.
* For a richer crispier flavour behind your tongue you can try the uncommon version of Emmental or Gouda cheese.
So just forget the calories and whirl it up in your kitchens. And do let me know if you drooled over it or not. 🙂
© & Author : Nivedita Dey, 2016