Olaaa, fellow foodies! Yes, long time! Apologies..
A simplest 10 minutes fish recipe today.. A spin off on a popular Thai version – Indianized in my humble kitchen.. 🙂
Bhetki (Barramundi)/Katla (Bengal Carp)/Rohu (Labeo Rohita)/ or you could use a different variety such as Cod or versions of Mackerel : 150 gms
Onions (diced) : 1 medium sized
Spring onions (cut in small pieces) : 1 stem
Green chilies : 3 minced
Say sauce : just a few drops
Lemon juice : 1/2 a lemon
Oil : 2 tbsp
Salt : to taste
1. Wash the raw fish fillets well and boil them in one cup of water and a pinch of salt and soy sauce for 5 – 7 minutes.
2. Drain the water and keep it away separately.
3. Take a pan and heat 2 tbsp of oil. Put the diced onions and half of the spring onions in it. Fry for 2 minutes.
4. Take a fresh bowl. Debone the steamed/boiled fish and mash it up.
5. Add the fried onions, spring onions and green chilies to it and mix well.
6. Add the juice of half a lemon to it. Check salt and add a pinch more if needed.
7. Garnish with raw spring onions on top. Serve hot with steamed rice.
Spin off tips:
1. You could add just a tbsp of mustard sauce or kasundi to the mix of you like it peppy and tangy.
So.. Off to your kitchens! And Bob appetit!! 🙂
Recipe & Author © : Nivedita Dey, 2016